• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

contour cutting ?

decaljunkie

i have a printer but i dont have a contour cutter. can i print and have someone else contour cut this for me. if so do i need to add the registration marks for them?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
i have a printer but i dont have a contour cutter. can i print and have someone else contour cut this for me. if so do i need to add the registration marks for them?

It's theoretically possible but not as simple as you might think. Generally in order to contour cut a print the same software that does the print has to do the cutting. Generally. Especially if you're using automatic registration ala Flexi print and cut. That's because all of the parameters needed to do the cut are kept internally in the software and are not published.

You might be able to work something out by using manual registration marks and/or saving the actual job file and sending it to who ever is going to do the cutting. Provided of course they're running the same software as yourself. You'd probably have to set up a cutter device for your software even though you don't actually have one.

There's no simple way to do it. At least none that is apparent.