• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour fades with edge FX

Hi all, I just recently purchased a new edge FX and am loving it so far! I have stumbled across one question tho...

Is there any way to do nice soft contour gradients in composer? Or is there a way to do it period? It would also be nice to do soft drop shadows. Thanks for any input!

Chad

Here is the type of gradient I am trying to achieve. I print a lot of stuff like this on my roland, and I know that I will not be able to achieve some of the effects but would like to get some of them.

Thanks

Attachments

• 10_proof.jpg
    10_proof.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I am using omega 4.0 and am familiar with the hard shadows, and I messed with the glow and shadow after converting my shape to an image and didn't get very far.

Any advice would be great!

Tony Teveris

On the Omega DVD there is a "Whats new for 3.0" folder in that folder there should be a videoon soft shadow. The 3.0 videos are also on the 4.0 DVD

Dana Goodale

How do you create these effects today? Corel or AI?

If so you can simply import the graphics.

Also, feel free to send some pix and or vector artwork and I will try to reproduce what you are looking for. The Image>Convert to image function with a gaussian blur might do the trick.

dana.goodale@gspinc.com

Thanks,

Dana

How do you create these effects today? Corel or AI?

If so you can simply import the graphics.

Also, feel free to send some pix and or vector artwork and I will try to reproduce what you are looking for. The Image>Convert to image function with a gaussian blur might do the trick.

dana.goodale@gspinc.com

Thanks,

Dana

Created them in AI, When I try to bring in a vector shape that has had a inner glow applied to it I end up with the shape and a bunch of boxes that are the color the glow was. I will shoot over a file or 2 tomorrow. That is great, thank you very much!