• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Registration Question

PMG

I use Type One most of the time,but i have a 23' print and cut job im working on and with that length would it be better to switch over to Segment Area Type 1

PMG

Cool.......I was just thinking the extra registrations in the middle would help keep the cut inline.

gvgraphics

I don't think it will make a difference either. The most important thing is going to make sure you have it lined up square and that the tracking is dead on for that distance.

iSign

seams are not illegal. I wouldn't bother with a 23' cut... I'd print & cut in 2 sections with overlap. Are you really installing it in one piece? I don't like a lot of seams... but every 12', or even 8' seems like it would be fine to me... I mean a 23' print is designed to look at from a distance, where you wouldn't see the seams anyway. I just don't think it's worth the increased risk of mechanical (or human) error to try to do 23' in one piece.

PMG

Thanks Guys........ Doug.....I would make seems but this going on a drag car with a 1 piece body with no place to hide the seems.

Replicator

I guess I thought you were asking if the printer would handle the job without segmenting . . .

I agree with iSign . . . You should probably panel the job . . . No reason to try and hide several seams !

iSign

Thanks Guys........ Doug.....I would make seems but this going on a drag car with a 1 piece body with no place to hide the seems.
I still wouldn't bother. You using 3M 180C? I wrapped 2 busses, but only below the windows... could have done single prints... but way more effort on my part, but not something a client would expect to pay more for... so I printed 5 panels instead. As far as I know, for what it's worth, that's standard operating procedure in my opinion. (AFAIK, FWIW, THAT'S SOP IMO)

PMG

Thanks For the information Doug. Im going to give a try in 1 piece,,ive done 18 footers before in 1 piece,i was just checking if the segment type 1 would be any better than type 1 ...not that i have any issues with type1 it has cut perfect so for ,just never used the segment type 1 yet.

PMG

Bogie,i just may do that......the race shop is out your ways anyway.most likely be next weekend if not sooner. I think he said it was out at Jerry Bickels