• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Contra Vision

Alex Stevenson

Hi, a few days ago I did an install with contra vision on some windows and now the material has 'bubbled' up in places. The windows were cleaned, degreased and dried properly and the material was carfeully squeegeed on. I've installed this material before with no problems. Could it be that the material is past its life span, (we bought it in Oct 2017) or could it just be the weather where it's been really cold and damp?
Any help would be much appreciated as otherwise we'll have to buy more material and re-do the entire job.
Thanks all!!!

Alex Stevenson

It was quite cold when I installed, probably around 6-7 degrees (celsius) but the wind on the day made it feel even colder. I'm just wondering if the material has lost it's 'tac' where it is a couple of years old. Not that its overly tacky in the first place.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Most vinyls etc do have a shelf life, I’d probably try get a data sheet and see how you get on.

we haven’t ever really noticed any issues with regards to products getting to end of shelf life other than with static cling. We usually only get about 6 months a roll before it goes bad.

Alex Stevenson

Thanks iPrint, I've looked at the datasheet and can't see any info for the shelf life. I suspect you're right though, it probably is the material has past it's best before date.