• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contracting logo

daveb

General Know-it-all
Forgive my "naivéness"?? (is that a word?), Oh well here goes. When a name is this long I like to break the type styles up, too much extra bold italicized, hard on the eyes. And just for OP......................... the house is straight!
Just my $.02:biggrin:

Attachments

• Mickel1 copy.jpg
    Mickel1 copy.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Mickel2 copy.jpg
    Mickel2 copy.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 127

signgal

Forgive my "naivéness"?? (is that a word?), Oh well here goes. When a name is this long I like to break the type styles up, too much extra bold italicized, hard on the eyes. And just for OP......................... the house is straight!
Just my $.02:biggrin:

NICE! good solution

parkedcar

Theses are some great ideas yet again!!!
I'm on the road now checking from my phone so I'll digest everything when I get back in the shop.
Thanks again!

CES020

Heath Signs, top one with the roof being the "M" and the structure of the house being the "C". Like that a lot! Very nice!

parkedcar

I wanted to thank everyone for your help.
Here was my final draft for the customer.
mickelsen_logo.jpg
He still insisted we go with his idea....
Screen shot 2010-05-16 at 12.19.54 PM.jpg
Can't win em all.

CES020

That's a real shame. You had a really nice looking setup for him.

On his "new" design, I didn't know house painting and carpentry had so many "gears" involved you needed that in your logo :)

I think he made a mistake, you did a nice job for him.

Craig Sjoquist

Wow you really finish that logo up nice keep that in your showroom as a sample

The only thing good about your customers choice was it's readable

signmeup

This happens all the time. Your customer is an idiot.

I really liked the way you presented your design too.

GP

...welcome to my world.

Congratulations on another great solution. We just "over designed" a great identity for a new salon, located in our posh downtown area. In my opinion, we nailed it. But, they are going to stick with the clip art tree and comic sans.

We lost time, money and energy but gained knowledge, experience and a valuable lesson. We will try to ask the right questions in order to deliver what the client is really looking for. Then, when they tell us comic sans, we can: convince them otherwise before spending hours on design work, deliver the crap design, or wrap them on the head with a hammer and send them packing.

Congrats all the same -

GP

SignManiac

Recycling is all the rage now. When clients ask me if I'm green, I tell them we recycle many of our designs. This cuts down on the number of phosphors that are emitted by monitor radiation into the air that we all breathe. It's important for us all to do our part to save the planet from the inevitable destruction by an errant asteroid being pulled here from all of the incalculable number of $39.00 magnetic vehicle signs on the planet.

Last edited:

Todd-sta

hahaha..... are you serious?! He went with the gears/hammer/brush thing? Excuse me a minute, I have to laugh some more....hahahahaha.

Sorry man - you and some of the others had some nice ideas.

parkedcar

I questioned the brush too. But he had his idea sketched out in pretty good detail. He stays pretty busy without a logo so i guess nothing will really change.