• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contractors license in CA

Intense01

I had a customer of mine come to me and was looking for a 3D wood sign for their new restaurant. I am farming out the work and installation out to another local company but the client is paying me directly.

Does anyone know if I need to have a contractors license to be able to sub out jobs to another company? I am not a licensed contractor. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

OlsonSigns601

Outside of the country of California, I'm not sure.

But in Illinois as backwards as we are, you get paid green, you pay someone else green, you get product, you give product, you get more green.

We've got licensing if we are going to install signs, but that depends on the city.

But a license to sub jobs to another sign shop? Unheard of but then again you live in a state that has odd likes like I do.

For instance we may not have conceal and carry but at least we can have a mag with more than 10 in it.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
In California, if you took the order for a non-illuminated sign with installation that requires a contractors license, you must have your own contractors license to install or sub it out. Either a D-42 or C-45.