• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Convert back to EcoSolvent

motorola424

I'm running a Roland soljet 2 pro that was converted to solvent(mid solvent) I switched back to using eco solvent inks and am having problems with overspray and color inconsistency. The manufacture did the initial conversion. Is there a firmware or software setting in my printer that i need to adjust to make the switch back to eco solvent?

It should be set to EcoSol CMYKLcLm for 6 color. The solvent ink is hard on parts (including heads).
Did you do a FULL flush of the entire system using first the "mild" solvent, then with flush with the EcoSol Solvent. Then, replace all dampers, cap stations, pads, wiper, and scrapers. And, you may have to replace head(s) if needed. Then fill with fresh EcoSOl ink.

motorola424

Is there any firmware changes?
In the "change ink" menu in the roland there is no ecosol option. The menu in the printer only has solvent and some other types (waterbased, pigment...) no eco.

Check on the Roland site for the latest Firmware and upgrade (if needed), I do not know what firmware you currently have. An upgrade may give you a new ink type, if not choose solvent. Which Pro II do you have?