Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert pic to cuttable lines tool

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Snappy, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Snappy

Snappy Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Walnut Hill, FL
    Hey all... do any of you remember a program that takes a picture and converts it into a bunch of lines of varying thicknesses? Way back in the day, pry at least 15 years ago, I had something that would do that... it seems like it may have been part of my CoCut software I used for a cutter bridge program. Anyway, it would convert a photo to a format where the lines were thick where the photo was dark and thin in the light spots. When you backed up a ways from it, it still looked like a photograph, even though it was cut vinyl... just had a little project where I'd like to use that effect...

Tags:
  2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    SAI Flexisign software has a tool called Picture Cut that does what you describe. It is one of several vectorizing options.

3. jimdtg

jimdtg Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Some places in earth
    I guess you may need Vector Magic, an old useful program.

4. Big Rice Field

Big Rice Field Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer

Feb 24, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    Corel Draw can easily convert bitmap lines to vector objects. Even better, newer versions of Corel can covert dashed lines to cuttable vector shapes.

• Like Like x 2