• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Convert TT Fonts

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It would be helpful to have a bit more information because I have never heard of a proprietary font technology such as you seem to be describing.

Compugraphics Corporation was a leader in type manufacturing during the days of photo typesetting machines. They attempted to make the transition to digital with their considerable font library but lost ground in the 1980's and was eventually acuuired by Agfa.

They were a primary source for Gerber Scientific Products in GSP's development of their first vinyl cutters in the early 1980's and licensed back the results which they marketed under the trade name of Arty.

Agfa, for many years, designated the Compugraphics type library with a cg in front of the name. Agfa also licensed Scanvec the fonts they supplied for the original CasMate signmaking software in a proprietary format which only CasMate could use.