• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Converting A Bunch Of Files

GARY CULY

Men, here"s the situation...i have about 150 files all in flexi8 format. im wanting to convert[backsave] to a lower version so my compadre can see/use these in his flexi 7.5? ..he cant open a flexi8 file as it is newer version......can/is there a way to backsave a whole folder at once with out opening each individal file and exporting it to "create" another file?
I know in the past with OMEGA program Fred has told me how to batch save a lot at once.Ive tried and read this thick manual for what seems days to find the answer .If it is in there[and im probly sure it is]i cant locate it.
thank you for your help,i know there is more to do with your time than answering questions ,i HAVE put in the time trying to learn this men.

RiXaX

A few years back one of the guys in Philly told me they had a utility in house that would batch convert Flexi files to EPS and that if I sent him files on a disc he'd convert them for me. The downside would be loosing font info, as everything gets converted to lines. This guy no longer works there, but I'd sure like that function performed or better yet, to have that utility.

Typestries

can you use a windows scripting program to do it? eg something that says look here, open next, save as, close, open next, repeat?

I'm sorry I'm not advanced on any win version, but I know this can be done on a mac with a script. If you can do it on the mac there's got to be a way on the pc??

Anyone here know about windows scripting? Google?