• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

converting all my vector cut files for versaworks....

CrAkD

Hello everyone i seem to be ripping my hair out trying to do the simplest of things. I have been using a gcc expert 24 LX as my cutter. I recently got a versacamm so I am trying to convert all my eps files that i would use to cut in great cut on the gcc to work in versaworks.....when I load them into versaworks versaworks sees no cut lines....i have been messing around in adobe illustrator but i don't know what im doing....I select all the paths and try to hit the versaworks cut contour swatch but nothing happens....every video i see is about contour cutting but im trying to just turn every path in the file to a cut line as they aren't printed decals just cut decals.

LittleSnakey

You have the right idea, I think you may have to assign the stroke to the cutcontour color, it may be contourcut. I rember having some trouble with contour cuts from illustrator to versaworks but don't use it very often.

Hello everyone i seem to be ripping my hair out trying to do the simplest of things. I have been using a gcc expert 24 LX as my cutter. I recently got a versacamm so I am trying to convert all my eps files that i would use to cut in great cut on the gcc to work in versaworks.....when I load them into versaworks versaworks sees no cut lines....i have been messing around in adobe illustrator but i don't know what im doing....I select all the paths and try to hit the versaworks cut contour swatch but nothing happens....every video i see is about contour cutting but im trying to just turn every path in the file to a cut line as they aren't printed decals just cut decals.

rjssigns

IIRC you can get the swatch from Roland's website. It is called CutContour. Although I haven't played with different colors I believe it is just a naming convention. The color they use is 100% magenta. I'd bet as long as you have the color named as CutContour anything will probably work.

niksagkram

If you are assigning CutContour to all paths, and then exporting it as an .eps, VW should see it. In VW, check your printer properties. Make sure that CONVERT SPOT COLOR is checked, you'll find that under FILE FORMAT. Also, when you open the file in VW, make sure the little blue 'A' appears next to "special items" Good luck

Mark