• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Converting JV3-160S 6 color to 4 color

bmw_ante

Anybody that knows what I have to do for this change? (Parts to change aso.)

How will the color setup be then when it only has 3 heads ? :O

iceman64

You can not change from 6 to 4 colors on a three head machine, simply because each color has one row of nozzles. There are no profiles for three heads with 4 colors.

artbot

couldn't you run cmyk ss and just don't choose the wihite in the rip. put to refillable carts with cleaning solution in them with permanent white chips.

thewood

You can run 4-color on a JV3-160S by simply using two heads. The LmCm head remains dormant.

In Flexi you can effortlessly toggle between between 4- and 6-color by changing the profile from CMYKLcLm to CMYK in the Advanced tab.

J Hill Designs

I would still do as artbot suggests and change-out Lc and Lm carts with chipped cleaning carts...the lack of flow will in time create problems

tbaker

I have a client doing this, while it's not perfect, it DOES work. In his case, instead of running a cleaning cart in the LmLc slot, it's just a dead head ( which I'm sure will cause problems sometime in the future)

It makes calibrating the printer a pain tho, your print quality will degrade, head unit adjust uses black and Lm to calibrate, with no Lm, you won't be able to correct it.