Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting line segments?

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by BlueFishDesigns, Apr 8, 2009.

1. BlueFishDesigns

BlueFishDesigns Very Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    I usually do all my vector work in Omega because I know the tools well, but sometimes I need to do some node editing in Illy. I'm having the hardest time figuring out the tools! My main question right now is how to change a line segment from a curve to a straight line. And if anyone can point me in the right direction to learn the editing tools better, that would be a plus, too. I've tried the Help but I still don't get it.
    Thanks!
    -kelli

Tags:
  2. deejay

deejay Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Use the Convert anchor point tool. Just clik on the curved point you want to make straight. This tool is hidden under the Direct Selection Tool.

3. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    convert anchor point tool is in the flyout when you hold down the pen tool button if that makes sense - I can upload a screenshot if you need

4. m.hafenbrack

m.hafenbrack Member

Feb 6, 2009
    You can also just select the pen tool, and when you hold "alt" it switches between the pen tool and convert anchor tool.

5. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    good tip thx

6. gps-hi

gps-hi Guest

don't you have to convert the anchor points at both ends of the line segment to "corner?"

7. BlueFishDesigns

BlueFishDesigns Very Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    Thank you!!!