• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Converting PDF files for large format printing

Vinylman

I have several customers that don't /or won't convert the type in their artwork to outlines for large digital prints. Most of the time the are working in some type of "word processing" program, and don't have a clue how to convert text to outlines.

When I try to open their files I get a prompt that {"The font Optima-BlackItalic is missing. Affected text will be displayed using a substitute font.
The font Optima-DemiBoldItalic is missing. Affected text will be displayed using a substitute font."}

Is there a way that you find simple to open PDF files in Illustrator CS2, that I could use to prevent this from occuring?

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

HaroldDesign

Place rather than open. Then flatten transparency with object / "convert text to outlines" checked and balance set to 100%.

there is NO WAY to have all fonts that all of your clients are going to have installed on their computers installed on yours. simply put they must convert to outlines/curves or fonts are going to be replaced.