Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting to vector in Omega 1.56

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by Max Custom Graphics, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Max Custom Graphics

Max Custom Graphics New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    We have been using Gerber Omega 1.56 for quite some time now. We just started using a feature which enables us to convert an imported image into vector, the problem is is that the cut lines are very grainy and would be too time comsuming to correct everything. Our question is if there's any way to get a clear result with straight cut lines after it is converted over to vector? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Leo Estevez
    shop manager
    Max Custom Graphics

Tags:
  2. Vector Doctor...no worries check add at end of page

3. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    When you say "grainy" do you mean that the vectored lines have too many points? If that is so, I believe there is a "thin" option under Tools/Thin/then there's a dialog box that allows for settings. I believe 1.56 has that. We run 2.1, but that's what I remember.

I'd fool around with that for a bit, see if you can eliminate points without losing the general shape.