• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

converting to vector in Omega 1.56

We have been using Gerber Omega 1.56 for quite some time now. We just started using a feature which enables us to convert an imported image into vector, the problem is is that the cut lines are very grainy and would be too time comsuming to correct everything. Our question is if there's any way to get a clear result with straight cut lines after it is converted over to vector? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Leo Estevez
shop manager
Max Custom Graphics

S

Sign-Man Signs

Vector Doctor...no worries check add at end of page

threeputt

When you say "grainy" do you mean that the vectored lines have too many points? If that is so, I believe there is a "thin" option under Tools/Thin/then there's a dialog box that allows for settings. I believe 1.56 has that. We run 2.1, but that's what I remember.

I'd fool around with that for a bit, see if you can eliminate points without losing the general shape.