Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting .vef fonts to .ttf or .otf

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by SolitaryT, Mar 14, 2014.

1. SolitaryT

SolitaryT Member

Apr 29, 2010
    I have a customer that has a very specific SignLab font, "Janes-I", that I'd like to either match or convert to use in Illustrator. Is it possible to convert fonts to TrueType or OpenType font from SignLab? Thanks again, Signs101!

Tags:
  2. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    1. Design in Signlab and export to EPS for use in Illustrator/Photoshop, or...
    2. Find a matching/similar font, which may or may not have the same name. Whatthefont would probably work for some of them.

Other than that, I don't think there's any easy way to do it.

http://www.uksignboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=35213

3. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Type the entire character set, convert to an .eps and then convert each character (individually) with a TTF font editor. It will be time consuming, but it is possible.

JB

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Since most of the SignLab font library is made up of clones based on industry standard fonts, why not just upload an image of it to here and simply get it identified as the font it was based on. You will then be able to go out and acquire the font. An educated guess is that the original font is likely Janson Italic or Jenson Italic.