Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

convex font question

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by blackknight, May 24, 2006.

1. blackknight

blackknight Member

Mar 26, 2006
    I have some very nice convex fonts that I have purchased and I am able to manipulate them somewhat the same as I can do with any font BUT...in some designs that I have seen and especially in Dan Antonelli's 2 books, there are script convex lettering that I assume was done in photoshop. I don't know photoshop but does anyone know of a nice script font in convex that I can purchase? I have seen the tutorials on how to create that style but I have a couple of good vector and also raster software and can do many special effects along with all the nice fonts that I have purchased but do not want to have the expense of buying PS and to go thru the learning curve. Can someone let me know if there is such a thing out there? Thanks

Tags:
  2. Steve C.

Steve C. Very Active Member

May 22, 2003
    Convex scripts are tricky to create. I think it could be done, I have played around with it some. The problem is that script letters overlap each other and when the convex portion of the letter overlaps, you have a problem with welding. There are no chisel scripts that I am aware of.

3. Geary

Geary Very Active Member

Yep....you have to go in there and "hand-chisel" them at the joints.

~Gear

4. blackknight

blackknight Member

Mar 26, 2006
    Yup, you guys would know. I was asking because I have seen the beautiful scripts that Dan Antonelli has done and too bad there wasn't a ready made font like that. Thanks guys!

5. blackknight

blackknight Member

Mar 26, 2006
    I was looking for a few more specialty fonts and a chisal script was one. Sorry Steve, I bought every font you have and you have nothing more for me to buy.