• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Convicted on all charges, still collecting paycheck?

phototec

I feel the need to rant today - Nidal Hasan who killed 13 un-armed people and wounded 33 others almost 4 years ago who was convicted of murder last Friday, has been drawing his paycheck of $7,283.70 a month from the U.S. Army ever since the shooting in November 2009, has been paid over $327,766.50 to date while he sits in jail.

And now he will get an automatic appeal which could take another 2 years, and receive another $174,808.00 in monthly pay checks, and it's rumored, he is sending the money to the Taliban.

The 33 wounded are NOT getting the benefits they deserve, because the government has labeled this act as Work Place Violence, and NOT a terrorist attack or military shooting, even though the killings happened on a military base and the shooter himself claims the shooting rampage as necessary to protect Islamic and Taliban leaders from U.S. troops in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Just for reference, I joined the US Army 6 months out of high school, and in April 1969 was sent to Vietnam where I served a tour of 18 months, and I still have a copy of my Department of the Army Wage and Tax statement for the year 1969, I made a total of $2,544.36 for the whole year in 1969 and for the last 8 months of the year I was serving in Vietnam drawing Hostile Fire Pay ($65.00 a month) and Over Seas Pay ($13.00 a month), included in the total for the year.

Sorry for the rant, but this kind of BS just makes me sick!

:omg2: :banghead:

John Butto

Totally agree with your rant, common sense is lost and not many people are looking for it. That guy should have been in front of a firing squad a long time ago.

GWSigns

And our government wants to know why it cannot balance a budget!

That is absolutely beyond words digusting and disappointing.

What happened to "suspended without pay" at the VERY least.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
So admitting to murdering American Troops in hopes to protect our enemy...doesn't earn you immediate death? What the crap is war if not that very same thing?

skyhigh

I'm sure they are monitoring where he is sending the money, thus providing the government (for a minimal amount of money....a few hundred thousand) invaluable information. Heck, do the math......one guided missile cost more than that. Also much cheaper to pay his wages than to provide benefits to the survivors of the 13 killed, plus the 33 injured. (yes I'm being sarcastic....but perhaps its true. Who knows). Pretty sad.

Baz

Relax ... Government got it right finally ... He got the toast penalty.

Asta la vista dirtbag !

OldPaint

they took away his commission at the trial ........no more paycheck and he is no longer in the military.

fozzie

Put in context

It took our government 3 years 10 months to convict an idiot of murder when there was absolutely no doubt of guilt.
It only took 3 years 6 months for our nation to mobilize on all sectors and deploy forces to defeat hitler and only 3 years 9 months to defeat Japan.
wtf?