• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cool Flag Production Video

equippaint

Ran across this on YouTube, it's pretty amazing. Right around 4:50 is a bit of a head scratcher but if you watch it, you'll see what I'm saying.

untitled

I think he may mean because there is a white dude there. I am going to guess this is in Thailand, maybe his parents live there or more than likely just a dude who is travelling and needed some cash, so he got a job for a bit.

That video is pretty awesome though. I love manufacturing videos. It's pretty awesome how stuff is made and how a lot of the equipment is automated to do these jobs. If the pay was better I would love to work in manufacturing.

equippaint

I think he may mean because there is a white dude there. I am going to guess this is in Thailand, maybe his parents live there or more than likely just a dude who is travelling and needed some cash, so he got a job for a bit.

That video is pretty awesome though. I love manufacturing videos. It's pretty awesome how stuff is made and how a lot of the equipment is automated to do these jobs. If the pay was better I would love to work in manufacturing.
Exactly. Everyone is dressed similarly, they all appear to be Asian and then theres this random white kid on the production floor thats dressed like he just walked in from the beach.

letterman7

The thing that impressed me (I'm not a screen print person by any means) was the magnetic application wand. That was pretty neat. I was watching a Jeremy Wade fishing program last night - he was in Cambodia - and the river he was in was just clogged with debris from human habitation. All I could think about in this video was - where does the wash-off from the screens go and do they recycle those big drums of ink?

unclebun

It's a Dutch company with an installation in Thailand (and lots elsewhere). Probably one of the Dutch who are sent there to run the show and keep things in line.

Johnny Best

They have a quick exposure unit for making their screens and use the indirect screen film. I was intrigued by the round bar squeegee which looks quick and not a lot of ink build up, never saw that before. Huge operation and clean.

Johnny Best

The thing that impressed me (I'm not a screen print person by any means) was the magnetic application wand. That was pretty neat. I was watching a Jeremy Wade fishing program last night - he was in Cambodia - and the river he was in was just clogged with debris from human habitation. All I could think about in this video was - where does the wash-off from the screens go and do they recycle those big drums of ink?

That is why they have those companies over there instead of here. Lake Erie had so much contamination from the steel mills and other industries for so many years that fish or anything else could not survive in it. Now they have bass fishing tournaments on the lake.

It's a Dutch company with an installation in Thailand (and lots elsewhere). Probably one of the Dutch who are sent there to run the show and keep things in line.

You see a white guy, dressed poorly/not in uniform, and assume he's the boss? Just because he's white?

Interesting.

equippaint

They have a quick exposure unit for making their screens and use the indirect screen film. I was intrigued by the round bar squeegee which looks quick and not a lot of ink build up, never saw that before. Huge operation and clean.
Yeah that was pretty neat. For as wide as that screen is and as small of a diameter the roller is youd think the surface would have to be dead nuts level?
IIRC one of the comments mentioned something about it being impressive or clean but the equipment was old.

unclebun

You see a white guy, dressed poorly/not in uniform, and assume he's the boss? Just because he's white?

Interesting.

First, perhaps because I am Asian myself, I didn't even notice the race of the person adding the ink when I first watched the video. It was only after his race and dress were pointed out to me that I saw it. I then looked up the company on the internet and found that they were Dutch owned. Since everyone else in the video was Thai (presumably) and wearing a uniform, the most logical reason why a white European-looking person would be allowed to not only work but be in their showing-off video, would be that he is one of the people the home office has sent out to oversee operations in their remote factory. That's generally how it works if you situate a factory in China or elsewhere and want to be assured of the quality of the end products. Being Chinese myself, I have seen many examples of Americans leaving manufacture of their goods to Chinese factories without having someone onsite to oversee things, and the products are not to spec and unusable when they are received. Those who want the product standards to be the same as what their customers are accustomed to elsewhere will have their own people in the foreign facility.

The guy adding the ink may not be the boss, but he's someone who is allowed to wear what he wants instead of the uniform. That's usually not a peon.

BALLPARK

Ran across this on YouTube, it's pretty amazing. Right around 4:50 is a bit of a head scratcher but if you watch it, you'll see what I'm saying.

Wow... that is a very impressive setup for the production on the actual equipment. Amazing what engineers can create to make assembly lines more productive. I would love to see something like that up-close... Thanks for sharing.

Johnny Best

I am not Chinese but 96% Irish/English and I did not notice the race of any of those guys, I did notice the women in the end and thought some of them looked South American. So hopefully some people like you all who notice these people will be around if I happen to get mugged and identify my assailants to the police. "He didn't have a uniform on and I knew he was Dutch from his wooden shoes".

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I am not Chinese but 96% Irish/English and I did not notice the race of any of those guys, I did notice the women in the end and thought some of them looked South American. So hopefully some people like you all who notice these people will be around if I happen to get mugged and identify my assailants to the police. "He didn't have a uniform on and I knew he was Dutch from his wooden shoes".
So what is the other 4%?
Very interesting to see large scale operations with both automation and manual labor.
What stood out to me with the people was no on was smiling - at all.
Maybe professionals concentrating on their jobs - or the boss told everyone to look happy and that was the best they could do.
I've seen more smiles at a funeral.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
So what is the other 4%?
Very interesting to see large scale operations with both automation and manual labor.
What stood out to me with the people was no on was smiling - at all.
Maybe professionals concentrating on their jobs - or the boss told everyone to look happy and that was the best they could do.
I've seen more smiles at a funeral.

Last time I was at a funeral, I thought "how inappropriate would it be to bust out laughing right now".. then that's all I thought about and had to cover my mouth and it too all my will to not laugh.. I covered it up and was hoping people thought it was crying