• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cool Mod to my JV3 250

Stripeman

I know someone has probably already done this, but here goes anyway.

We bought a JV3 250SP a while back and it prints great, problem is that it is not really practical for the smaller stuff that we print on the JV3 160.

So we decided to hack up an older 160 machine we have in the shop and use the take up system. I tore into it and removed the entire socket that the takeup plugs into and placed it on the 250. There was already a spot for it covered with black tape beside the original fan and take up plugs. It also has the spot in the circuit board to plug into. I only drilled 2 tiny holes for the screws that hold the socket in place. It works like a charm.... now the machine is truly more versatile and will handle lighter rolls without dealing with the heavy duty takeup bar.

Attachments

• JV3250TakeupMod.JPG
    JV3250TakeupMod.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 62

eforer

Great mod, we have a JV3 160 that is still alive and kicking alongside our other printers. I have often commented that it has the best take up system for smaller media ever invented. I curse our Seiko 104 take up everyday when we print 54-63 inch media. Too bad I can't cut up a jv3 takeup and stick it on that!!!