• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cooling down a warehouse during summer

artofacks1

Hey ladies and gents!

Any tips on how you keep your warehouse cool during the summer? We are part office, part warehouse for our design and print shop and I want to be better prepared for the summer this year.

Thanks!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Depends on how hot and what type of heat you get.

I assume you're away from the beaches so you probably get a dry heat. Swamp coolers are good. Here in TX, big fans and open doors. A lot of shops start early in the morning and cut off around 3pm when it gets peak heating. At the large shop that makes most of my stuff, once it gets above 105 or 110 they just quit for the day because it's unbearable. I've seen several insulate and install A/C units.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
If you aren't set up for a central AC for climate control, maybe a swamp cooler and some fans?

Hahaha, Tex beat me to it. What Tex said.

artofacks1

Depends on how hot and what type of heat you get.

I assume you're away from the beaches so you probably get a dry heat. Swamp coolers are good. Here in TX, big fans and open doors. A lot of shops start early in the morning and cut off around 3pm when it gets peak heating. At the large shop that makes most of my stuff, once it gets above 105 or 110 they just quit for the day because it's unbearable. I've seen several insulate and install A/C units.
I’m about 25 miles from the beaches so it’s not horrible but the warehouse gets nasty lol

Not like Dallas use to though. I did live in South Dallas for 3 years

ikarasu

Big ass fans.

They really work. everyone used to use personal ACS here... Then we bought these and installed them, it dropped the heat by a lot. The overhead ones, never tried the other ones... It keeps it pretty cool until end of the day at least.

Last edited:

gnubler

I was in a shop once that stuck pieces of rigid insulation onto the inside of the roll up overhead door, otherwise it would just emanate heat like a hot frying pan.

victor bogdanov

I put in a 5ton AC unit and it does a decent job in the 2000sqft warehouse space 20ft ceilings I have. Keeps it around 75degrees when outside temps are under 90 and 81-82 degrees when it gets 100+ outside. Very little insulation. 1000sq ft Office has a separate AC unit and I can get it down under 70 if I wanted to

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I was in a shop once that stuck pieces of rigid insulation onto the inside of the roll up overhead door, otherwise it would just emanate heat like a hot frying pan.
We have an insulated retractable curtain over ours. There's not many options with the rollup doors that coil.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
tank tops and Daisy Dukes
6801d7a372b7687a92713661f37fabb5.jpg

JBurton

Signtologist
Hide in the print room? I have a sub 1,000 sqft room for the printer and laminator with a 2 ton unit. That b*tch gets cooooold in the summer!
The fab shop is a friggin nightmare unless you have a pedestal fan going on your area, and even then your glistening all day long. Here in the next year or so I may insulate and add a unit to cool the shop, but I'm also hoping this whole global warming bs is gonna swing the other way!
1682113470336.png

Last edited: