• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

coon hunting eps/vector file

Interdictor

I am looking for a coon hunting vector file. dog, tree, coon, something like that. Anyone know a website where I can find that? or a collection I can buy with it contained??

Thanks.

klhgrafx

I bought this Cd from this guy a http://www.signtorch.com. It's like $29.00 for the Cd but you get to use them for sign's and he offers free dowloads of new files not on cd for free after the purchase of the Cd. This is good up to 1 year after the purchase of the cd. Really good graphics, he has alot of coondog ones you have to add the tree to make the decal. Made one for my friend, turned out nice. Check it out sometime.

Kendall Hammann
KLH Graphic Enterprise

OldPaint

coon hunting....iis right up there with baby seal head bashing!!!!!!
i come from PA, hunted since i was 9 with my 1st .22.
went COON HUNTING one time....and was so disgusted i never would even talk to the guys who did this.
COON HUNTING RITUAL:
GET 4-5 big dogs...
get couple cases of beer....
get a coupel drinkin/coon hunting buddies.......
trudge back in the wood far enough frpm any people...
build big bonfire
brake out the cold beer.....
turn the dogs loose.....
sit and drink and listen.....till you hear that sound of the dogs when they tree a coon...
get out the lights, go to the tree, shine lights on the coon, shot it wit a .22 so it falls outa the tree ALIVE.....AND LET THE DOGS TEAR IT APART.....gather up the dogs put out the fire and go home.....

Si Allen

Dang! That sounds almost as much fun as waiting until it gets dark, and moving the outhouse back 3 feet!

imaSIGNr

coon hunting....iis right up there with baby seal head bashing!!!!!!
i come from PA, hunted since i was 9 with my 1st .22.
went COON HUNTING one time....and was so disgusted i never would even talk to the guys who did this.
COON HUNTING RITUAL:
GET 4-5 big dogs...
get couple cases of beer....
get a coupel drinkin/coon hunting buddies.......
trudge back in the wood far enough frpm any people...
build big bonfire
brake out the cold beer.....
turn the dogs loose.....
sit and drink and listen.....till you hear that sound of the dogs when they tree a coon...
get out the lights, go to the tree, shine lights on the coon, shot it wit a .22 so it falls outa the tree ALIVE.....AND LET THE DOGS TEAR IT APART.....gather up the dogs put out the fire and go home.....

I can identify with that OP. You forgot to mention that they don't seem to mind driving through your property late at night w/ 10 dogs howling and letting them run wild all over your place, then they come to your door knocking wondering if you seen their dogs, like I owe them something.......
I think bear hunting is next on the list...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That’s right OP. Since you’re from up here… do you remember… or did you ever go ‘Rat Hunting ??
:thread
I guess you can do that anywhere in the country, but it’s a lot of fun and has many of the same features.

Shovelhead

We used to go rat hunting....actual rats.....

in the dumps in Pelham Bay, Bronx.....with pellet hand guns.....
killing rats now is probably considered cruel....and try finding
a pellet hand gun in NY now.

imaSIGNr

in the dumps in Pelham Bay, Bronx.....with pellet hand guns.....
killing rats now is probably considered cruel....and try finding
a pellet hand gun in NY now.

I've still got (2) twin pellet ( comb. bb's, darts, pellets ) pistols, look like 45's. Imagine the trouble you could get into with those ....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don’t care if it’s cruel…. it’s a necessity to go into the dumps in a pickup with flashlights taped to your barrels and fire away. We used to use .22 for this.

One time we went in our around dusk and just sat on the back of the truck drinking our beer and we heard this awful noise. Well, we couldn’t figure it out, until someone turned on a large spotlight and we were completely surrounded by rats and they were climbing in the trucks. We all turned our flashlights on and started firing. When the driver finally got the hint to leave because of the thousands of rats coming at us…. he turned on the headlights and all we saw was a sea of rats. We ran out of bullets and were swatting at these things cause they were everywhere.

Surprisingly, no one got shot or bitten, but we went to the nearest bar and had to pay for the rest of our beer that night, because we spilled most of ours kicking rats, beating them with rifle butts and fast turns in the dump.

Wish we would’ve had some shotguns !!

Pellet guns ?!?….. .22 hardly did these guys in. They were the size of beavers.

Checkers

That's a scary thought Gino!
Your and Sovelhead's stories reminded of my youth when we used to go "big game hunting" at the local safari park where I worked as a seasonal employee. When the park closed, my roomate and I would get fired up and take the pellet gun with us and head out to the elephant pen.
We didn't kill many rats because they were the size of small dogs and the pellets would bounce off them. 8)

Checkers

OldPaint

yep can relate gino............BUT WE ALSO HAD 1 OR 2 GUYS WITH 12 GA PUMPS......for those big clumps of rats!!!!!!!!
grew up near the OHIO river right outaside of pittsbugh. you wana see RATS....we called em RIVER RATS..most cats where smaller then these guys!!!!
we also had "wild dog packs" where i grew up......these wher also dispatched with fire power.

Rats and coyotes are fun, but nothing beats the sight of an armadillo literally exploding when shot with a high-powered rifle. Parts fly everywhere....looks like a scene from a tank battle in an old WWII movie.

Interdictor

Just a quick reply here. I know personally that the group I am doing some work for are very responsible sportsmen. They don't put down a 12 pk while hunting. They don't let their dogs tear apart live animals. What good would the pelt be if it was torn to shreads... They do educational events, banquets, bbq, and are involved in their community.

Thanks for the input and valued opinion.

OldPaint

Just a quick reply here. I know personally that the group I am doing some work for are very responsible sportsmen. They don't put down a 12 pk while hunting. They don't let their dogs tear apart live animals. What good would the pelt be if it was torn to shreads... They do educational events, banquets, bbq, and are involved in their community.

Thanks for the input and valued opinion.
when you want the PELTS....YOU USE TRAPS!!!!! BEEN THER DUN THAT ALSO........and what do you do with 1 raccoon pelt with a bullet hole in it????????? they tellin you stories....and probably they have no idea of how to skin an animal so the PELT IS USEABLE......
"responsible sportsmen"...............thats a wonderful term for guys with guns and dogs....and where is the "sport" for the animal?????????????

Geary

Oh, good grief, ...the guy just wants a web reference for a piece of CLIP ART fer crapssakes!!!

Anyhow, Interdictor, check out joining "clipart.com". I like it. Good luck :thumb: sorry you got jumped. There are a few who can't wait to jump on newcomers for any reason. :rolleyes: :help:

Ken

I've only seen a racoon twice since living in BC , now about 16 years.
Back in Ottawa, Ontario they were common right in the city and they were a nuisance, getting into garbage, gardens etc. Crafty little bastards.
Sorry, no clip art, but a B/W photo could be vectorized with a trace program.
Ken