Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coordinating Edge to Graphtec plotter?

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by Imminent Death, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Imminent Death

Imminent Death Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Is it possible to coordinate an Edge Machine to a Graphtec plotter? Our HS15 plotter tied to our Edge took a dump on us and we need to be able to plot from it. Any ideas or suggestions?

Tags:
  2. Bill Modzel

Bill Modzel Active Member

If you can print up the 4 corner registration marks that the Graphtec needs, why not?
    It would depend more on what software your driving your Graphtec with.
    We can screen print registration marks and cut out the graphic using Graphtec's Cutting Master plug in.

3. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
    I've done it on my FC7000 when doing perf cuts, but you lose an inch of graphic area adding crop marks so the amazing 11.8 inches all the sudden becomes 10.8. =\

4. imagesigns

imagesigns New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    call the plotter doctor he might be able to help you on solving youre problem with youre gerber plotter,and theres one on the for sale post on this site

5. Dane DeFord

Dane DeFord Member

Dec 10, 2004
    Check the classified in this forum...Devries has a Gerber GSX for sale for $750.00. I think instead of messing around trying to make gerber and graphtec "get along", I'd be looking at going that route. Hope you get it figured out.

Dane