Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copam 2500 jagged/rough cutting

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by daenterpri, Apr 21, 2011.

1. daenterpri

daenterpri Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    I have a Copam 2500, and for the last while I've had a hard time with it cutting just horribly! I've attached an image of what it's doing. As you can see it's a really rough/jagged cut and it even causes the edge to come up a little bit. I've replaced blades and I've even replaced the blade holder. I've adjusted sizes, and it still cuts like this. Any ideas or recommendations? It's almost as if the blade doesn't swivel at all, and that's what the people I bought it from thought, so they sent me a new blade holder, but it's already doing this again, and I don't know if it ever stopped.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Andy

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Blade Holder, Protection strip OR the cut head assembly has a little play in it.

Most of the time, protection strip. Sometimes the blade holder. And rarely the loose cut head assembly (but still possible)

3. daenterpri

daenterpri Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Ah, thanks! Ya, maybe that protection strip now that you mention it.