Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy & paste/text converted?

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by Jen Goodwin, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Jen Goodwin

Jen Goodwin Active Member

Dec 17, 2003
    Maine
    Just wondering...
    When I copy and paste in Omega (1.56 :rolleyes:) the text gets converted to curves. Is this an option I can change somewhere? Does Omega 2 do the same thing? (I have it at GG&G, but haven't checked.)
    I have a bunch of auto numbering to do but there is also a letter change in each numer. I copied and pasted the layout so that I could change the letters easily and keep the whole thing in one file for printing and cutting it all together...but when I copy & paste, my text is converted. Not only the '#1' for autonumbering, but also the letter. There are 27 sets with different letters.
    At the moment, my plan is to save the 'editable' layout in a different file, change the letter, do the repeat/numbering and then copy and paste it into a file with the rest...seems like a bit much to go through, especially for that many different letters. Is there a better way?
    My numbering starts at 0106P and increases in increments of 6 to 0112p to 0118P (for 60 sets) then the same with an H, an S, an O and so on.

Thanks, and hey BTW...been missin' this place!! :smile:

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I'm pretty sure that retention of text attributes when copying and pasting was a new feature of Omega 2.

3. Jen Goodwin

Jen Goodwin Active Member

Dec 17, 2003
    Maine
    Thanks Fred...no way to change it here though in 1.56? (ah, ya think it's time for an upgrade... :Big Laugh)