• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Copy right issues

Freelen

I received a graphic disc with my new vinyl cutter. I assumed these graphics were given for use in your business, but at the bottom of each page it has the following message:

All images copyright 2001 SignWarehouse.com. Making illegal copies of this cd, or reselling or posting
ANY of these images on any electronic or by printed means, is illegal, and will be prosecuted to the

fullest extent of the law. All files are the same regardless of their different formats

Does the underlined section mean we can not use them on signs we sale? I have also seen graphic libraries for sale on vinyl sights that have brand name logos. Does that mean you are buying the right to use those logos? What is the best way to get graphics?

I appreciate your help

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I received a graphic disc with my new vinyl cutter. I assumed these graphics were given for use in your business, but at the bottom of each page it has the following message:

All images copyright 2001 SignWarehouse.com. Making illegal copies of this cd, or reselling or posting
ANY of these images on any electronic or by printed means, is illegal, and will be prosecuted to the

fullest extent of the law. All files are the same regardless of their different formats

Does the underlined section mean we can not use them on signs we sale? I have also seen graphic libraries for sale on vinyl sights that have brand name logos. Does that mean you are buying the right to use those logos? What is the best way to get graphics?

I appreciate your help

There is (or should be) an accompanying end user software license agreement (EULA) which will grant you certain rights as well as spell out prohibited uses. The copyright notice simply serves to establish that all rights the files belong to SignWarehouse thus giving them the right to grant end users certain selected rights such as reproducing the file.

The various logo collections one finds available are all very careful to state that they are sold as a convenience for authorized use. Such authorization can only be granted by the owner of each mark.

visual800

If someone sent me a disk with a cutter I would use them and wouldnt bother reading all that small type...if you didnt want me to freakin use it then DONT SEND IT!

Jim Doggett

In short, they're licensed for your use, but we retain ownership in the images. So use by others needs to be licensed by us (buy a copy). You can use it but not distribute them since we own the images on the disc. What you create with our property is your property. Cut stickers and sell as many as you wish. But selling or even transferring the images to a third-party violates the copyright.