• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Copyright Infringement??

BadAss

No. Not someone come in and kick you butt.... Fellers come in to see how you titled it, worded and tried to implicate they are doing something wrong, when it just happens to be your personal opinion.

Although you title it as a question.... the damage is still being done. You put it out as if the reader is going to open your thread and find some horrible practices by Fellers, when in fact.... there's nothing wrong here.

It's one thing to pose a question and try to find all sides of an argument, but to take someone's good name and do what you did..... well, that's just plain wrong in my book.

I don't try to make anyone feel good or bad at someone else's expense. However, I will point out what I see wrong and try to make the guilty pay, but if I'm wrong... I'll admit it.

Last week's discussions were not like this. Anyway, my main beef is your title. The cheap way you tried to get people to check this out. Heck, look at who many of your first responders are. Look at their reactions. Doesn't that mean anything to you ??

Respect does not justify false claims at someone else's expense. There has got to be a better way you could've treated this, but you took the cheap route. I'm not trying to belittle you, but you did a rather mean thing here and don't seem to have any regrets for doing it. That's what messes with my head.
:banghead:

And it was YOUR opinion to take it that Fellers was doing something wrong, NOT MINE... I was looking in THEIR catalog when I noticed it. Not implicating Fellers in wrong doing, Hell how would they know. I put it that way cause that was what I was looking at at the time. This kind of thinking or should I say Over thinking is what is wrong with most people. Don't read your opinion into it. IT is a legit question. If someone reads into it that I was implicating Fellers then that is your brain and NOT my problem. I will not apologize for asking a question. I have told my son his whole life. Knowledge is power and you get it by asking questions and listen & learn. and last weeks discussions were about just this type of thing. Christ, get over yourself, everything is not always about how YOU see it. Others do have different views...

Fred or anyone else can do what they want with this... Delete it change the title . I don't give a S&#% The ones who read something else into the question is up to them. Don't try to announce to others you know what I am thinking or what I meant.

Pat Whatley

Well the logo the have is without a doubt a rip-off from the comic Evil Ernie (Artist Steve Hughes) of Chaos Comics.

Yeah, these too! They bear almost the same degree of sameness! It's an international conspiracy I tell you.

Wait, here's another one! :Big Laugh That smiley looks pretty similar, too! My God, there's a whole panel of them to the right. Fred is all about copyright infringement apparently.

Attachments

• isz.jpg
    isz.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 79
  • wal-mart-smiley.jpg
    wal-mart-smiley.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 76
  • LiquidTelevision_CrazyDaisyEd-s.jpg
    LiquidTelevision_CrazyDaisyEd-s.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 75

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I cannot imagine Fellers designed the ad. They are probably no different than a magazine or newspaper. They accept artwork from their respective suppliers. It is not their responsibility to make sure the ads provided to them are not infringing on someone's copyright. They don't follow up on every piece of artwork to make sure that fonts are legit, pictures have clearances, etc. I think only art that they provide/design themselves would be questioned

BadAss

That is what I figured as well Doc. How could any ad mag be able to check all the stuff that is sent to them by dozens of advertisers a month.

BadAss

Yeah, Who Knows??? and althought many of you don't see it, as a fan I can't Not see it. My wife & son just got home. I did not mention anything and asked them to tell me what they saw. I opened the catalog to the page and without a chance to breath they both go "Smiley" . And this is my point...

Yeah, Who Knows??? and althought many of you don't see it, as a fan I can't Not see it. My wife & son just got home. I did not mention anything and asked them to tell me what they saw. I opened the catalog to the page and without a chance to breath they both go "Smiley" . And this is my point...

:Sleeping:

JWes671

I cannot imagine Fellers designed the ad. They are probably no different than a magazine or newspaper. They accept artwork from their respective suppliers. It is not their responsibility to make sure the ads provided to them are not infringing on someone's copyright. They don't follow up on every piece of artwork to make sure that fonts are legit, pictures have clearances, etc. I think only art that they provide/design themselves would be questioned

I'd just like to jump in to offer some clarification, as I'm the main designer in charge of creating the yearly catalog for Fellers. The Vector Doctor's statement above is absolutely correct. The logo being discussed in this thread is no different than the logos of 3M, Avery, Oracal, etc. in that they are all supplied to us by the vendor. This specific logo is supplied by Geek Wraps in order to promote their brand and product in our catalog. We do not create these logos for any of our vendors, as we are not a design studio offering logo and identity packages. They are simply supplied to us when products are added to our catalog. Hopefully this helps shed some light on the topic.

Pat Whatley

I'm the main designer in charge of creating the yearly catalog for Fellers.

I don't think you're putting enough pictures of Frank in the catalog. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, just messing with you. Welcome to Signs 101. As long as you're here (and as far as I know the only Fellers person here) why isn't Fellers a merchant member here? It would seem to me that it would be a good and quick place to introduce new products.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
And it was YOUR opinion to take it that Fellers was doing something wrong, NOT MINE... I was looking in THEIR catalog when I noticed it. Not implicating Fellers in wrong doing, Hell how would they know. I put it that way cause that was what I was looking at at the time. This kind of thinking or should I say Over thinking is what is wrong with most people. Don't read your opinion into it. IT is a legit question. If someone reads into it that I was implicating Fellers then that is your brain and NOT my problem. I will not apologize for asking a question. I have told my son his whole life. Knowledge is power and you get it by asking questions and listen & learn. and last weeks discussions were about just this type of thing. Christ, get over yourself, everything is not always about how YOU see it. Others do have different views...

Fred or anyone else can do what they want with this... Delete it change the title . I don't give a S&#% The ones who read something else into the question is up to them. Don't try to announce to others you know what I am thinking or what I meant.

The way this thread is now titled makes me feel there is no misrepresentation by a member of this site calling out Fellers.

Like you..... I really don't give a rat's behind what kind of spin you put on this thing, but evidently it was over the top since Fellers is now represented by JWes671. Try to understand something here BadA..... YOU started this ridiculous thread with a title to attract attention and it backfired on you. You're baseless accusations and observations have no substance to them. Yet, you keep drumming into us that you are correct on this thread. Now, tell me.... who has to get over themselves ??

Oh, and believe me...... I have no idea of what runs through your head or what you're thinking. I don't have those kind of powers.....:ROFLMAO:

JWes671

I don't think you're putting enough pictures of Frank in the catalog. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, just messing with you. Welcome to Signs 101. As long as you're here (and as far as I know the only Fellers person here) why isn't Fellers a merchant member here? It would seem to me that it would be a good and quick place to introduce new products.

I really don't have an answer for you there. As I mentioned, I'm just a graphic designer, so I have very little say in decisions like that.

JWes671

but evidently it was over the top since Fellers is now represented by JWes671.[/INDENT]

Let me just say that I'm not here to represent the opinions of anyone but myself at Fellers, and I've been on here before this thread even came about. I simply felt I could offer some clarification since I design the yearly Fellers catalog.

I'm just a graphic designer at Fellers. I have plenty of design experience, but limited wrap installation experience (mainly just personal projects). I joined because I enjoy learning more about wraps and signage, and also because it's nice to get feedback regarding what changes I can incorporate to the catalog so that it continues to improve each year.

I know there is a wealth of knowledge on this site, and I hope to learn some of it. If I'm able to help with a topic through some of my own knowledge, that's even better.