Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corel 12 - combine, right?

Discussion in 'Corel' started by dark3d, May 4, 2005.

1. dark3d

dark3d Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Okay. I'm a newb, so I'm not even going to try and hide it. Here's my brick wall for today.

It involves vectoring from a file. I opened the file in corel, reduced to 1 bit (b/w), converted to bitmap, then traced in coreltrace. everything looks grand and wonderful. The only problem is this..

If you were to trace the word "World", the white space in the 'o' and the 'd' are actually interpreted as white. I *think* I need to somehow set white=transparency, right? When I go to tweak and clean up the traced vectors, I have these nice pretty white fills instead of an inside path of each letter.

I played around with different tracing methods in Corel, and poked through the help docs a bit with no real finds.

If I'm overlooking the obvious, feel free to politely slap me for not looking hard enough. :help:

Tags:
  2. Kevin Huffman

Kevin Huffman Member

May 2, 2005
    Hey,

/Slap Dark3d Just kidding.

What you are looking for is the combine feature. You are just missing one step. You need to select the black D and the inside white piece and change them both to black before doing the Arrange then Combine.

Welcome to the wonderful / wacky world of sign making and graphic arts.