• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel and cutting method

Jackpine

IMO Signlab is one of the best programs in the trade. It has all the weed features, cutter drivers you need. If you design in Corel, export to Signlab as an eps and use the cutting features in the Signlab program. Signlab started as Cadlink when it was a cut program (plug in add on) seamlessly incorporated into Corel and launched from Corel.
I have to admit I prefere Signlabs cutting front end but Cutting master is very good for a freebie and it also has the automatic weld, Signlab doesn't have that at all. Brian, watch your fingers on that razor blade.
Alan D

Alan D

Jackpine I agree with you and not only eps - AI , PDF, cut and paste and there is even a 'Corel to Signlab' option under the Application Launcher in Draw work equally as well if not better. Cadlink also merged with The Electric Studio in Hitchin the UK, they wrote Sign Studio and many of the features in Signlab ie node editing method and VEF fonts are directly from that programme of the late 80's/early 90's. I had a mono version of Sign Studio back then and it was very quick and ahead of it's time and that run on an old 386 with 4 meg of RAM.
Alan D