• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel and surface pro

ironchef

Anyone using a surface pro windows 8 with corel x6? Im taking the plunge today on the surface pro unless somebody changes my mind.

David Wright

The new Haswell chip from Intel is coming out in June. Much better in power usage and built in graphics performance is going to jump significantly.
What does this mean, depending on who you read, most high end laptops and tablets will get hours more usage on a charge, somewhat better performance
and great increase in graphics performance for hardly any increase in price.
At the very least, it will make the current crop of high end tablets and most laptops and desktops drop their price.

ironchef

True, i read that, but there wont be another surface pro till 2014, and it might be a 7" version.. I went ahead and bought it yesterday from staples, they got ten percent back in rewards with every windows tablet purchase

ironchef

It doesnt come in till wed., bestbuy had it in stock, but hey, cant beat $100 in staples money. Plus the one year warranty is 30 dollars cheaper then best buy. Ill reply with my review once i get it

Joe Diaz

Does the surface pro have pressure sensitivity? Because recently CorelDRAW has added a pressure sensitive artistic media tool that freaken rocks for doing illustration work. I've been using it on my cintq but it would be nice to have a mobile version.

WildWestDesigns

Does the surface pro have pressure sensitivity? Because recently CorelDRAW has added a pressure sensitive artistic media tool that freaken rocks for doing illustration work. I've been using it on my cintq but it would be nice to have a mobile version.

You do realize that Wacom is working on their own mobile device? I'm holding out on that.

I do have a Samsung tablet that has some pretty cool pressure sensitivity and it does use Wacom drivers, but still not there compared to the Cintiq.

ironchef

Got it, looks and feels nice, a bit heavy but not a big deal, been on it over four hours and it hasnt got hot or warm, ill install corel on it tomorrow, thinking about doing the adobe monthly thing

ironchef

Well battery only past about 5 hours, corel works nicely, only thing is the right click button on the pen doesn't work. That kind of blows. Besides that i love it

Cyw

Did you try to change the options in the customization toolbox?

Change the option of right click to something else.....and the back again to right click.
Not sure why but this has happened to me in the past with one our Wacoms

ironchef

Thanks, i tried, no go... It seems to be a corel issue, because it works everywhere else, even in photopaint, in the cutout lab. Any advise?

Cyw

I vaguely remember the right click in Corel resulted in only a small rectangular blank box......years ago. I have no idea what Wacom model it was, what version of Corel or even what OS I was using.

Call Wacom in the morning
Not that I've ever needed to call them much but every time I did, they were wonderful, patient and knowledgable
The issue was always resolved

I haven't heard of any Surface Pro issues but that doesn't mean there aren't any.......
at least if you call them they'll either tell you how to fix the problem or let you know it's a known issue