• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Application Recovery HELP

OneUpTenn

I was doing a very large file in Corel when the Application Recovery Wizard shut it down. It said it saved my files but I cant find them anywhere. Has this happened to anyone before and do you know the default folder in which these files might be found?

Replicator

different for different operating systems, but you may try C:\Windows\Temp\Cor.cdr (or) C:\Users\blahblahblah\AppData\Local\Temp\Cor.cdr

ONLINE SIGN GUY

This happens with large files if im on my laptop, which is Vista OS, if im on my PC with XP, it never happens, Im always unsure if its the lower memory in the laptop or if its a Vista thing? It ussualy pops up if I reopen Corel, not always.

OneUpTenn

I am going to try everything you guys mention.....dangit...i forgot to save it....my own stinking fault. I will let you know for future reference.

OldPaint

in corel there is a option under SAVING........you can set it to save at 5 min or whatever you want. it will back up that file, every 5 min. now the recovery thing.......is seperate of that.

OneUpTenn

Okay I searched everything on all 3 hard drives....no .bak file, .no .cdr file (for that file) and and I even tried using todays date to search. NO luck.

Thanks Op, I am going to do that now! And a friendly reminder

SAVE YOUR WORK!!!

OldPaint

this is from corel help:

Corel Application Recovery Manager
Corel Application Recovery Manager (C.A.R.M.) is an online wizard that allows you to save your work and exit in case the application becomes unstable. You can also send an online report to Corel that documents the nature of the problem and the events that led to it.

The C.A.R.M. wizard opens automatically at program failure and then offers three courses of action:

• saving the drawing and closing the application

• exiting the application without saving the drawing

• continue working

With the last option, there is no guarantee that you can recover any work in your drawing after the last time you saved or kept the program open.

After you have made your selection, you can report the details of the problem to Corel with an attached program log. Your report will be vital part of Corel's product improvement efforts.

You can disable C.A.R.M., but doing so can result in your losing any work since the last time you saved.