• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

corel convert to flexi

signwizz

i downloaded a logo at brands of the world it is cdr then i exported as an ai and an eps also and flexi keeps saying that its not an adobe file
any ideas thanx shane

Ponto

scroll down further for another .eps option... this should open the exported .eps file from Corel

JP

mianos

The best way to go from Corel to Flexi (for me) is to select all and copy in Corel and 'paste special' into Flexi and select 'drawing' from the flexi paste special dialog box.

auto accents sc

Try googling convert cdr to eps. there is a site that you can upload the corel file to and they will email the eps to you. We ran into that before.

drakesis

You have to save down the EPS or AI under version 8 to import properly into Flexi.

Personally I don't trust the copy/paste feature, but that's just me....

signwizz

i tried that it works but comes in as one objest and in design manager it says its an ole and cant seperate it to cut tried converting to curves in corel and still wont seperate
thanx shane

drakesis

What is the original file? Could you send me the CDR, I'll take a look at it. I have Coreldraw and Flexi....

signmeup

i tried that it works but comes in as one objest and in design manager it says its an ole and cant seperate it to cut tried converting to curves in corel and still wont seperate
thanx shane
"I tried that..." What did you try? You really need to help us help you.

Tony McD

I've tried the copy/paste, but the lines sometimes get whacky.

I keep all my original files in Corel format.
What works for me is to convert all to curves, no outlines, and
export from Corel as an .ai version 1.1 to the desktop.
Just import the .ai file into flexi
When done, delete the .ai file from desktop, keeping the original
Corel file for future use.

signwizz

sorry for the confusion i tried copy paste and it works but cant seperate but i found a different file and it works fine thanx for the fast and educational replys
thanx shane