• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Draw and Roland, can I cut from it

george1948

Hello,
I am picking up a used Roland cutter. The seller said I can cut from Corel Draw. Is there an plug in to do this, or can I send cuts to the cutter from Corel Draw? Need this information before I buy Corel Draw.

OR What cutting software do I need? THe only one I am using now is Sure Cuts Pro for my US CUTTER SC Series.

Picking up an older machine Roland 960

THank you
george

WildWestDesigns

With my Roland, you can cut directly from DRAW, Ai, and even Inkscape.

The main thing that you'll have to be aware of is that in my experience, it tends to cut in the order of object creation (or if you re order the objects in the layers panel). So if you are doing long runs in order to help with tracking and you are using any of the above 3 to cut directly, I would make sure to order the objects in an efficient order.

You do have plugins like CoCut that people seem to like quite a bit, although I don't have any experience with those (other then the one that came with my cutter (CutStudio)).

woolly

Use the Roland driver called a Windows printer driver when you get used to the simplicity its wonderful.
To stop it cutting here and there on long multiple jobs group the object so it cuts the groups in order