• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

corel draw and versaworks

JOHN SOBEL

How do you get an outside cut and inside cut when using coreldraw and exporting to versworks, like when trying to print and cut a number 8, and also how to make the cut line 1/16" or 1/8" from the edge of the outside?
I swithched from flexi / versa works, I am thinking of going back.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
If I'm understanding your question correctly, you would just need to make sure your shape(s) are combined (Ctr+L) and that all your shapes you want to cut have "CutContour" stroke applied.

To add an outline / bleed etc. you would use the "Contour" tool.

Hope that helps.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
If you are using vectors, you just put an outline on the object using the color you created with the name CutContour. Where ever that line is, it will cut. If you want an offset path, use the contour feature to create the cutline the distance you want as long as you export as a pdf or eps. if you export a jpg or tiff you lose the color name and it won't cut. The same with Pantone colors. Here is one of the many videos.

You can also create bleed on an object quickly by making a duplicate with a thick outline using the same color as the shape.

Last edited: