Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

corel draw and versaworks

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by JOHN SOBEL, Nov 8, 2020.

1. JOHN SOBEL

JOHN SOBEL New Member

Nov 1, 2020
    Michigan
    How do you get an outside cut and inside cut when using coreldraw and exporting to versworks, like when trying to print and cut a number 8, and also how to make the cut line 1/16" or 1/8" from the edge of the outside?
    I swithched from flexi / versa works, I am thinking of going back.

2. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    If I'm understanding your question correctly, you would just need to make sure your shape(s) are combined (Ctr+L) and that all your shapes you want to cut have "CutContour" stroke applied.

To add an outline / bleed etc. you would use the "Contour" tool.

Hope that helps.

3. Jester1167

Jester1167 Premium Subscriber

If you are using vectors, you just put an outline on the object using the color you created with the name CutContour. Where ever that line is, it will cut. If you want an offset path, use the contour feature to create the cutline the distance you want as long as you export as a pdf or eps. if you export a jpg or tiff you lose the color name and it won't cut. The same with Pantone colors. Here is one of the many videos.

You can also create bleed on an object quickly by making a duplicate with a thick outline using the same color as the shape.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020