• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Draw and Windows 10

K Chez

For those who are on Windows 10 O/S, which version of Corel the least problematic? Finally upgrading some older computers in the shop, am I correct that you have to be on X7 or higher?

fresh

i upgraded to 2018 when I got a new computer at the beginning of the year. I haven't had any issues.

WildWestDesigns

I believe x7 stops (officially) with Win 8.1. Not to say that it won't work on Win 10, one of the nice things about the legacy bloat of Win 10 is the ability to run older programs.

x8, I believe is the oldest that you can go with "official" Win 10 support. Although considering both are legacy versions, I doubt you'll get much "official" support either way.

Normally, I would say if one is upgrading now, might as well have the absolute latest, but I do believe 2019 has it's issues from what's being reported on here. Both it seems coding wise as well as ancillary "concerns" as well. I would get the latest that appears to be the least troublesome.

One thing to keep in mind though, due to the rolling release nature of Win 10, any new(er) update could cause issues with those legacy software and it may purge it from the system without user input (my dad had updates twice on Win 10 that left a message of programs not compatible with this version of Win 10, so were removed). Just fair warning on that. Something to think about.

mfatty500

I use x7 with Windows 10, but I don't do anything complex with it. Just t-shirt work when we travel to events

unclebun

X7 and X8 both work fine with Windows 10. X9 works okay (not a Windows 10 problem) but has numerous bugs.

binki

In X5 the menu words are white on a white ribbon until you mouse over them. Other than that, which cannot be fixed, it works fine.

Andy D

In X5 the menu words are white on a white ribbon until you mouse over them. Other than that, which cannot be fixed, it works fine.

Actual, that was one of my workarounds with 16 on windows 10, I just made all of the menu items part of a "custom command bar".
It works great.

upload_2019-8-6_14-9-58.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-6_14-5-55.png
    upload_2019-8-6_14-5-55.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 240