• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Draw..halftone? how to?

54warrior

Is there a brush or something to create a halftone along a curve? How do you do something like this?

(attached)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• halftone.jpg
    halftone.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 178

basicmetal

The easiest way I can find to do it would be to get your background shape & then convert it to a bitmap. Add a gaussian blur. Then convert the bitmap to a black & white halftone. You can change the shape of the screen & increase the number of dots per line to fit your needs. Once that is done, you can to an autotrace or just leave it as a bitmap.

54warrior

The easiest way I can find to do it would be to get your background shape & then convert it to a bitmap. Add a gaussian blur. Then convert the bitmap to a black & white halftone. You can change the shape of the screen & increase the number of dots per line to fit your needs. Once that is done, you can to an autotrace or just leave it as a bitmap.

Thank You!

Joe Diaz

If you convert it to bitmap, then go under "bitmap", then "mode", then select "black and white (1 bit)" you can edit halftones in there. Then... A neat trick I learned just recently is that with 1 bit images if you left click a color it will change the White to that color (inducing no fill, or transparent) and if you right click another color, it changes the Black to that color.

Then like basicmetal said, if you need it in vector, just use "Trace Bitmap"

54warrior

Thanks for everyone's help. I was able to come up with this after tinkering with it for a little bit....

Does anyone know how to make the dots larger? I have the settings maxed out and thats as big as it would get.

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• CD_logo2010.jpg
    CD_logo2010.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 164

basicmetal

When you converted it to a 1-bit bitmap, did you change the settings all the way down to 1 dot per inch? If you did & that is still not large enough, maybe making the image smaller or reducing the resolution would in essence make the dots larger when you convert it.

54warrior

When you converted it to a 1-bit bitmap, did you change the settings all the way down to 1 dot per inch? If you did & that is still not large enough, maybe making the image smaller or reducing the resolution would in essence make the dots larger when you convert it.

Ahhh, interesting tip. See, if I recall, the dialogue box says "max dot size", so I thought that by changing it from 1 to 10, with 10 being larger than one, that 10 would give the larger dot size.

So the units on the 1-10 setting is dots per inch, so actually, in this case, less is more, correct?

Also, yes, making the image smaller does work, as evidenced by the difference between the CD logo and the Blose logo. The CD one is about 1/5 the scale of the Blose one when I did these.

Thanks!

Bill43mx

Hmmm, Can I get a step by step on the process for the CD logo please? I can't figure out how you are getting the graduated dot sizes. I can follow the procedure of converting to a bitmap, adding the blur, and then doing the mode change. I can make the dots bigger or smaller but I haven't found anything in the setting that create the variable size in the dot pattern.
Thanks!

Mosh

Output on a postscript printer and you can control halftone size angle, a lot of options.
It is all in the print options in corel. We use this alot in our screenprinting set-ups.

W

wetgravy

old post sorry, have any of you tried this program it works a treat. It converts any jpeg to vector tones (dot size etc can be achieved with a little playing about). You can use the on line version or download it. I found it years ago.
http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/wizard.gas?Phase=1

Rasterbator is the shiznit. I still use this to take small images with heavy moire and to blow them up to a full size that is printable for customers. Gets good results with minimal work. Also great for making halftone elements.