• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Draw to Versaworks

Morph1

Print all
Hi all just a quick question, helping out a friend today to print white on his printer, I am not that familiar with Versaworks but I've seen tutorials and it seams very simple,
however my question lands to corel draw, I prepped the file for white, launched the Roland Versa Works palette in corel draw, assigned the RDG_White color from the Roland Palette,
now what format do I save it so Versaworks knows the assigned white to print white.
Also within VersaWorks do I have to do anything else besides selecting the print method , I am planning to print in reverse on clear static cling "SOLD" decal,
red text with white outline on clear, can I print the red first and then coat the entire red including the outline with white so the white is on top of red as well ?
or do I just print red and white at the same time... Static cling to be applied onto a glass inside the house to be readable from the outside...
Any help would be appreciated.

niksagkram

Export as .eps or .pdf from Corel. These formats will retain the Roland colour names for you. In Versaworks, under "File Format" make sure that "Convert Spot Color" is checked. You can also select when the white ink prints under "quality settings"

Good luck

Mark

Ragnabrok

you'd also be better off knocking out the text from the red background, as white printer over red is not going to stand out very much, compared to white over clear.

Morph1

Print all
thank you guys !

It worked perfectly, I was printing red text on clear first and then white over it, having a white background with red text when looking on front,
it was printed on a clear static cling material , do you recommend printing white 2 pass when printing over a color ?

thanks !

Ragnabrok

It's a quality over time thing. you can print a really solid white over a colour, if you print the colour first, enable return to origin, let it dry for a few minutes, print white only, return to origin, wait a few minutes and print white only again.

Printing white over still tacky ink will make them mix a bit. you can get the results, but it takes several times longer.