• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

corel draw vs other software

wirenut

close to purchasing a versacamm VS 300 printer. Is corel draw a sufficient program to design in? Currently using indesign, illustrator, and photoshop on mac platform. What should we do with versa works not compatible with Mac?

WildWestDesigns

close to purchasing a versacamm VS 300 printer. Is corel draw a sufficient program to design in? Currently using indesign, illustrator, and photoshop on mac platform. What should we do with versa works not compatible with Mac?

I think you are really needing a RIP program for your printer if Versaworks isn't setup for a MAC OS. Corel (which isn't setup for MAC either, except for version 12 I think it, only one version had a MAC release) isn't going to net you any more than AI.

Bill Modzel

You have all of your design apps already, why add Corel to the mix? What you need is a rip. There is Caldera which runs on the Mac platform. I'm running in on a mini right now and sharing my main workstation screen.
You can also get Parallels and run windows on your Mac which I did before switching to Caldera. I'm assuming that Versaworks prints all of the standard file formats or does it truly print crd files only?

rjssigns

I design on a Mac then save as a PDF or EPS. File then gets loaded on our dedicated RIP server. We use one of our old(8 years) back-up PC's. Works great.