• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel draw x5 and protexis

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I downloaded the x5 trial and now I have all this protexis garbage attached to the software and in my services on my system. Also, my system log is showing crashes when I export out to jpg or gif as well as when I convert outline to an object ... all related to protexis ...

Is anyone else getting this garbage? I'm about to strip the system of corel draw and just stay on draw 12 if they keep this crud in there ... such decent software ... such horrid MALWARE in it.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Seriously, is anyone else having problems with x5? I'm trying to justify buying the software, but on all 3 machines it's crashing ... hard. Can't really find a work around either so if you did encounter crashing .. how did you fix it?

Is anyone running x4 encountering these crazy crashes?

... I just tried to export to a tif four times and it just crashed. Didn't do anything other than fully close, didn't submit a crash report or anything. My system monitor I installed on my laptop still shows it relating to protexis.

signage

Oldgoatroper brings up a good point, I was told by several CorelDraw power users to make sure you uninstall all previous versions before installing X5. They said that some people are having issues when installing X5 with other versions!

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.