• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Macros!

ShawnLVESP

I see all the time that illy and PS have all kinds of macros and shortcuts to doing things. I have Corel Unleashed which is a huge help for things but i need more and more, Smart Designer add-on is awesome also.. I use all sorts of programs to do design work and i like and dislike a few programs. I like features of some and wish they would be in others. So, the nice thing with PS, Illy Corel and like programs is they have the options to make macros. I'm no genius at making these so i need someone else to make me macros or i search and search for them on the internet. I've finally found a site with good macros for corel.

Check this site out.
http://www.macromonster.com/index.php

I've seen some topics on the forums here with problems people have and i think a few of these macros will help solve them. If nothing else it may cut down on the time it takes to do design work.

The site above provide steps and videos on how to install and use the macros.

Good luck

...and if anyone finds good macros elsewhere please post.

This is one macro i've been searching for since i got X3
http://www.macromonster.com/index.php?mod=descr&id_desc=24&pageNum_rs_products=1&id=9

6. The Align-Outside Macro enables you to line up shapes so that they are butt-aligned. There is even a new option where the width of the outline is taken into account!

R08

My son and I (well mostly him now) have toyed with Corel Script and have made quite of few macros.

For instance I have a macro that will export a graphic at 200 dpi as a jpg to the dirctory that I have prechosen. It's just a one-button thing and automatically names it to the same name as the existing file (except for the extension)

I have a macro that automatically imports certain files, like my logo for instance.

I made one that automatically sizes my page to fit my plotter and one for my printer.

When I used to use Signtools I had a macro that automatically lined things up to the lower left of the page.

A lot of these were done by the record feature and then tweaked manually.