• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel on Amazon.com

w2csa

I did a search on Amamzon.com for Corel X5.
Thier price is $201.59. As I read through the description it appears all is authentic and new. Are there any "catches" here?
Thanks

qmr55

Maybe its an upgrade from an older version? I think Corel's price is $200 to upgrade so that might be the case...look into it further.

w2csa

If you go to the Amazon site and search corel x5, it does show all the other products, Student, premium, upgrade etc.
A good friend of mine is finally going to take the step and get Corel and found this on Amazon, I just want to make sure all is what it seems to be.
I really appreciate all of your input.
Chris

visual800

I need corel to open files customers send me, I do not use corel nor do i have an interest in learning, got the same copy on ebay for $125.00 sure I know somethings up with this, but it worked and thats what i needed. I dont know how or why and Im not going to question

When i bought illustrator I actually bought a used version and paid a little more

WildWestDesigns

I need corel to open files customers send me, I do not use corel nor do i have an interest in learning, got the same copy on ebay for $125.00 sure I know somethings up with this, but it worked and thats what i needed. I dont know how or why and Im not going to question

When i bought illustrator I actually bought a used version and paid a little more

I was pretty much in the same boat. Played around with it some and it has some very nice features. Give it a shot, you might be surprised.

w2csa

Well, we went on and purchased the X5 from Amazon...
Everything was as advertised!
Thanks

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Anyone remember when Corel and other companies offered "competitive upgrades" of their products? I haven't seen any of them do this in a long time.

The first version I bought of Fractal Design Painter (version 3.0) was via a "competitive side-grade" since I was already a licensed Adobe Photoshop user. Got the classic paint can packaging and everything for (I think) $149.

I think Corel should try doing this again with some of their products. Users who strictly stick with using Adobe applications can still find a lot of value in some of the goodies that come with CorelDRAW. Adobe hasn't been bundling much at all in their applications. I got the CS5.5 Master Collection upgrade and was disappointed by the very paltry amount of fonts and other stuff that came with it. The apps are great though.

David Wright

Anyone remember when Corel and other companies offered "competitive upgrades" of their products? I haven't seen any of them do this in a long time.

The first version I bought of Fractal Design Painter (version 3.0) was via a "competitive side-grade" since I was already a licensed Adobe Photoshop user. Got the classic paint can packaging and everything for (I think) $149.

I think Corel should try doing this again with some of their products. Users who strictly stick with using Adobe applications can still find a lot of value in some of the goodies that come with CorelDRAW. Adobe hasn't been bundling much at all in their applications. I got the CS5.5 Master Collection upgrade and was disappointed by the very paltry amount of fonts and other stuff that came with it. The apps are great though.

Same here with the fractal Painter, still have the can.
I am using version ten now.