• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

corel outline question

Sarahml

Hi, I'm currently using corel draw 12, and winplot with my summa D60 cutter. I'm trying to create layered vinyl letters. I first type in the word in corel, then I create a copy of it, and then I use the outline tool to make a thick outline of the copy. The problem is when I transfer the outline into winplot, it doesn't show up any thicker than the original word. Is there a different way to be going about this? Thanks a lot for your help.

Flame

You don't want to use the outline tool. That does nothing towards creating a true vector outline. What you want to do is use the CONTOUR tool. That adds an outline, but it's a full vector outline, not just a line value.

You can also create an outline and then click arrange-convert outline to object. But I'd highly suggest using the contour tool instead.

jeroen

you can use the outline tool, but then you have to 'convert outlines to shapes'

The contour tool is easiest, but sometimes you get better results with the outline tool (round off sharp corners, better/smoother nodes)