Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corel Question

Discussion in 'Corel' started by k.a.s., Dec 11, 2007.

1. k.a.s.

k.a.s. Very Active Member

Aug 8, 2003
    NE ohio
    I am using another shop to screen print some coro signs for me. They have not been using Corel very long and so we are running into a problem. I export eps. files out of Flexi but when he opens them in Corel they are not opening as a vector file. I saw him take the file from the e-mail and when it was imported it looked like a jpg. Is the more than on way to bring in the file? Anyone have any suggestions on why this would happen? Thanks in advance...

Kevin

Tags:
  2. Air Art Girl

Air Art Girl Very Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    are you sure you exported as eps? Cause I do export from flexi to corel all the time

3. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    What # of Corel are they using?
    You might have to try exporting to a lower number (like when I send an .ai to my GA, I have to save it as version 7 or lower)
    They may also try importing it using the "PS PRN EPS Postscript Interpreted" command.
    That's the only way I can open Brands of the World files in Corel.
    Love.....Jill

4. Bogie

Bogie Very Active Member

May 17, 2007
  5. vid

vid Very Active Member

Jun 11, 2003
    California
    Is he openning or importing the EPS file?

Typically OPEN rather than import works for us. They're getting the JPG preview that is created when you export from Flexi.

6. Columbia Signs

Columbia Signs Member

Aug 7, 2007
    When you export the file to an EPS, make sure the "Sort Type" is vector and not Bitmap.

7. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    in older versions of corel there are two eps import selections he should use the one that says encapsulated post script, always works for me. The other eps option usually just brings in a grey box with the letters eps in them like a bitmap