• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Text Troubles

D3G

Good Afternoon,

I am having a problem with Corel X3 and wanted to see if I could get some help from one of you. When click on the text tool and i try to use the font dropdown the program issues an error message, something about runtime error, and then just shuts down. Any advice?

Thanks,

D3G

Joe Diaz

I don't know for sure, but maybe there is some sort of conflict with a font????? Maybe too many fonts????

How much Ram do you have?

jiarby

hold the shift key when launching corel to reset preferences to defaults... if that is no good then re-install.

OldPaint

go to COREL AND DOWNLOAD UDATES................M/S did some kinda update to XP, and it messed up corel!!!
so corel did a SP2 update to X3. when you install update it should be version 13.0.0.739

D3G

Well I tried the suggestions so far and I still have the same problem.

Joe - I do have a bunch of fonts (500+) but I haven't changed anything in a while. It's not like I added fonts. I have gig of ram which I know is weak but this just all of a sudden happened.

Old Paint - I checked my version and I have 13.0.0.739

I've reloaded the software, checked for duplicate fonts, etc. I guess next course of action is to remove all of the fonts I have loaded and just reload the essentials for the software I'm running.

Thanks for the responses, maybe I should just go grab a couple of cold ones!

D3G

jiarby,

I'll figure out the Event Viewer out tomorrow, getting ready to call it a night. Not sure if this will help but the error message that comes up goes something like this:

Runtime Error:

Program:...\corel\coreldrawgraphicssuite13\programs\coreldrw.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Like I said I'll figure out the event viewer tomorrow and post what I find. Thanks a lot for trying to help me.

Rich