• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel to Composer question

CanuckSigns

Is there some way to design a project in CorelDraw and import it into composer for Edge printing without having to manually re-assign all the spot colours?

I do 99% of my designing in CorelDraw X4 and when I export as a PDF or EPS and bring the file into Composer, I have to manually go through and re-assign all the spot colours again, is there some way to avoid having to do this second step?

Thanks in Advance

:U Rock:

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
When you say "Composer" are you talking about "Graphics Advantage"? because that is some pretty old software... could be the whole problem

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You should be able to add Gerber spot colors palettes to your Corel workspace. Check for them on your CDs. I'm not sure what happens when you then export the job as far as them holding their color assignments but your best bet is to use the CMX format which has always worked best for me when going from Corel to Omega.

Tony Teveris

Watson Signs

Send me an email - I have a Spot Color palette for CorelDraw that you may be able to use - exports as PDF w/ named colors, densities, overprint, cutContours, etc

What Corel Version and What Omega version are you running?

Tel

We use corel and I do reasign all the spot colors in composer, just we always export the file from corel in cmx format.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i haven't found a way to get the spots to come into composer from x4...i've tried the gerber color palette, but when i import it into composer they're all process fills....

Tony Teveris

What color palette have you tried (userinks.cpl) and what do you export from Corel as.

If you use userinks.cpl and export as PDF the colors import including densities and overprint setting.

You can ONLY get the userinks.cpl from me or anyone else I've email it to. It's a non supported palette from Gerber (me).

Tony Teveris

The problem with the CMX format is the documentation has not been updated from Corel since version 8 and they have changed and added elements to the format. I've begged but with no success.

smdgrfx

I was trying some CMX from Corel X4 to Omega 4.0 yesterday and the text did not come through. Changed it to curves and it still didn't work. Weird. I usually just export to illustrator 8 format. That's the only one that seems to work all of the time. I couldn't get the color pallet to work either. Unless you only want process colors.