Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corel to Omega for output

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by quicksignguy, Jan 10, 2005.

1. quicksignguy

quicksignguy Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Corel to Omega for output
    <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Hey, guys I've got an issue with our Omega to Graphtec output for cutting vinyl. I've got a new computer running win XP - I've installed all software from old system (Corel 10, InDesign etc) Just installed Omega 1.56 for cutting vinyl on our Graphtec FC5100-75. The way it was setup before (on older system), I could simply design layout in Corel, export as AI, import into Omega, then output to plotter from there. Now when I import these AI files into Omega, the default color for lines is Red and when I try to output, it gives me error message saying "Gerber Edge file imcompatible with Omega CL" I don't have a clue what that means. I'm not using Gerber Edge. I'm using same export settings in Corel, but not too familiar with all the bells & whistles in Omega. Have you seen this before? Any ideas?

Thanx,
    Dave :cool:

Tags:
  2. Dave Stacey

Dave Stacey Member

Jan 5, 2005
    I'm not that sckooled in Omega. When you select your graphic you can change you fill to NONE.That should change your lines to black & may cut.
    right-click & go to fill,or press 1.
    This may not be what your talking about.

3. quicksignguy

quicksignguy Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Actually it was one of those stupid, "I forgot to check the box" things. Just a simple click fixed it in the import box "Vinyl only" would have done it. I almost hate getting new computers and then having to go in and re-establish all setting etc. thanx for the info though

D :Cool 2: