Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corel to Photoshop Layers

Discussion in 'Corel' started by JFP Studios, Jul 19, 2011.

1. JFP Studios

JFP Studios New Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Using corel Draw X5, when I build a design in corel can I save it and reopen in Photoshop as Layers? What file would I want to save it as if this is possible?

Thank you so much guys.

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    doubt it

3. Roto

Roto Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    Yep the filter Dialogue says you can!

4. Morph1

Morph1 Levelup Digital

Oct 8, 2008
    Edmonton
    export as PSD in layers.

5. Jim Doggett

Jim Doggett Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2008
    The PSD export is way cool, but in older CorelDRAW versions I'd always export an eps with the layers separated (side by side) which I'd break into separate layers in Photoshop.

I even still do it that way, out of habit. And I always add a bounding box since the top of ellipses tends to get cut off slightly when exporting EPS files from CorelDRAW.

So I'll have to try the PSD export and see if it does better, and save some time. Old habits die hard :^)

6. Morph1

Morph1 Levelup Digital

Oct 8, 2008
    Edmonton
    I just double checked it,

it works like a charm !!! :wink:

7. Jim Doggett

Jim Doggett Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Very cool!!! What a time-saver! May need to upgrade, albeit my CorelDRAW 9 (on Win 7 Enterprise 32-bit) just does everything I need, and I can do it drunk, stoned, blind-folded and while sleeping :^)

So it made me a procrastinater on upgrading ... LOL

But ya convinced me!!!

Thanks for the great insight.

:goodpost:

8. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    I wish CorelDRAW could paste AICB style vector paths on the clip board so they could be pasted into Photoshop, either as paths or shape layers. It's another reason why I have to run both CorelDRAW and Adobe Illustrator on my computer.

9. Artildawn

Artildawn Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Jim,
    Just tested and it does work, but you'll have to plan in advance and set up the layers in Corel when you created the vector.