• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel - Versawoks problem?

landdesigns

Hello,

Having a problem opening files in Versaworks that are designed in Coreldraw when the transparency and bevel tools are used in the design.

When a file is opened as a eps. it starts loading then gets to certain points and a warning comes up saying the file will not open because the file is corupt.

If I open the file back open in Coreldraw and remove the transparency or bevel effect, then open the file in Versaworks again it will open fine.

I don't know if it's the way I'm saving the design or the files are to large?

Thanks
Todd

wraplady

I have had this problem as well and exported it to my desktop as a jpeg or tiff and drag and drop into versa works. Takes awhile for it to load into VersaWorks and a really long time to rip and print.

zmatalucci

I have had this problem as well and exported it to my desktop as a jpeg or tiff and drag and drop into versa works. Takes awhile for it to load into VersaWorks and a really long time to rip and print.

Takes a while as a .jpeg? That's odd.

customquint

I had a similair problem.

When you export as a EPS file, remove the option for the image header.
This will do two things - make the file save faster, and versa works likes it more.

You can also convert the Bevel effect to a bitmap, just be sure you have transparent background checked.

If you like bevels, look into Alien Skin plugins, makes a much better bevel, and give you some really cool options.

ocean502

Well you learn something new everyday..I didn't know you could import a jpeg into versaworks..thank you thank you!! Wish I looked for advise an hour ago...Ü

HardbargerSigns

For transparencies, bevels and such, I always export the graphic to be beveled as an .eps and open in Photoshop.
Create the bevels, (Photoshop is FAR superior for this) then save as a .jpg or .PDF, a .PDF is much higher quality, and remains a small file size.

I have also simply used the "publish to PDF" option in corel when that happens, and it opens just fine.