• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X3 - any way to seperate colors in drawing?

Hello all!
In Corel X3 is there any way to select a color in a vector drawing? I have a file provided by a customer that has 6 different colors, not on specific layers , that are spread out that I need to minimize to around 3-4 and It would be cool to have a function to select all of a specific color instead of zooming in and selecting and deleting or moving or changing it to a different color. Is there such a thing?

Thanks

G

gps-hi

ok you don't need to change the colors right, just select objects of the same color?
I only recommend this method if the drawing is very complex and has many objects/layers...

1st create a palette based on the document:
Window->Color Palettes->Create Color Palette from Document
give it an appropriate name when prompted.

2nd specify the color to select:
Edit->Find and Replace->Find Objects
"Begin a New Search"
Select "Fills" Tab
Check "Uniform Fills"
Check Specify Uniform Color Fill
Select the color chip shown then select "Other"
Switch to the "Palettes" Tab
From the Palettes drop down select your newly created palette (It'll be under User Palettes)
Select the color you want to chose
When offered to save, you probably should in case you want to repeat the selection process.
Select "Finish" then "Find All"

If you want to global color changes it's easier to with color styles.