• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

corel x3/corel x4

coyote

I'm considering upgrading to Corel x3 from an ancient version of Corel and now I see that they are offering X4....so, has anyone tried it? what's the difference? I already know how to use Corel and have Photoshop Elements which I DON'T know how to use, so I thought I'd avoid the "which is better" debate....and just go for the straight Corel advice.

so, please enlighten me, o sage ones.
thanks, Carol

OldPaint

x3 & x4 are like any other 2 versions, 5&6, 7 &8, 9&10 11&12
depending on the computer you have.....either is good.

I know it has some trainging videos on it. Maybe that could help you to get aquainted with the new version rather than your old version. I think it has a live feature to share updates of documents live with your customers, that's pretty cool!

R08

I have used Corel Draw since version 1.0.
I have used both X3 and X4 and there are not a whole lot of differences but I do like X4 better.

One really nice change is Corel Trace being integrated right into draw.. and it seems to work a whole lot better. This alone is worth it.

There are a lot of small improvements to make the work flow nicer.

One of my machines still has X3 on it and when I'm on it I forget that it not X4.

On the down side, I have been experiencing a few crashes. Though this problem may be my own machine and not the software.

Rob

coyote

Thanks for the helpful responses. I am running Windows XP and don't want to "upgrade" to Vista....so, as long as X4 will run on both, I'll take the leap and purchase it.
Carol